|NESCA - North East Street Car Association
Outlaw 1/8 Mile
|Basic Outlaw Street Rules WWW.NESCARACING.COM
1. Street appearing OEM body cars (no panel cars)
2. No full round tube chassis, square tube or OEM front suspension OK.
3. 3,200 lb base weight, for big tires or any engine other than nitrous small block
4 10.5 (W) tires or smaller or N2O SB may deduct 200lbs, all whiners add 300lbs
5. Converter Driven Transmission at base weight, Bruno/Lencodrive ok - clutch type trans add 200lbs.
6. 1 type power adder, Mufflers required, gas or alcohol fuel only
7. 1/8 mile, .400 pro tree, heads up no breakouts
8. All track safety rules in effect (NHRA)
All racers are encouraged to "pre-tech" cars with NESCA. A few email pics should do it. Tech will decide the legality of any car within the spirit of the rules. Anyone running a "clipped" pro car should expect to be turned away.
_Qualifier on Sunday with eliminations beginning at _pm . Since we are running eighth mile, with no chute to pack, and less nitrous changes required, be prepared to run bracket race type-rounds if not WE WILL RACE WITHOUT YOU! If you are broken and need more time, inform a NESCA or track official and we will try to move your pair to the back of the racing order. We have a strict curfew and need to get finished ON TIME.
Registration: $200 ALL REGISTRATION PROCEEDS WILL BE AWARDED TO RACERS 100%. There will be no hold back. There will be no refunds for any reason other than a failure on our part to hold the event. (i.e. weather cancellation)
|NESCA- The North East Street Car Association - NESCARACING.COM
Outlaw 1/8 mile Detailed Rules
· Tech and Weigh In, Driver meeting at
· Eliminations begin at _pm sharp
All cars will be required to scale after each round. ZERO Tolerance for weight minimums
1) Street appearing OEM body cars (no roadsters or panel cars). Sheetmetal roof, quarter panels and doorjambs or OEM material (i.e. corvette). No molded pro-mod wings. Any size hoodscoop ok. One piece nose, lightweight doors and lexan windows ok. No radical engine setbacks, unless in OEM location (BBC Corvette). No clipped pro cars! No exceptions.
2) No full round tube chassis. OEM or square tube front frame rails required. Modified OEM or Aftermarket K member ok. Lower strut/ “A” arms attached to round chassis tubing is considered a round tube chassis.
3) 3,200 lb base weight for all big tire cars. M/T brand 10.5W tires and smaller, and/or all nitrous assisted small block motor cars may deduct 200lbs for each. (SB with 10.5s race at 2,800lbs) . SB motors include Ford Windsor, Mopar LA and Chev SB. Ford Cleveland head is considered a BB.
4) 1 TYPE of power adder, gas or alcohol fuel only Alcohol racers are advised that a visual fuel check must show clear fuel type (not yellow) with no additives present (i.e nitromethane). Converter-driven transmissions only @ base weight , Bruno OK. Clutch add 200lbs. All cars must have rear exit exhaust. Mufflers required on all non-turbo motors.
5) 1/8 mile, .400 pro tree, heads up no breakouts. Courtesy stage rule is in effect, no deep staging allowed. Burndowns will result in a fast light once staged.
6) All track safety rules in effect (NHRA), Competition License required (NHRA)
7) Bye runs are optional and will be paired where possible. Our goal is to make for an exciting show for spectators as well as a competitive playing field for racers that is finished ON TIME.
8) Protests: A $200 protest deposit from a RACER to check the legality of any specific equipment item will be refunded if said car/driver is found to be in violation of the rules. Safety items are not considered for protests.
The ONLY potential re-runs will be in the event of equipment malfunction or failure at NESCA’s sole discretion. "First or worst" rule is in effect, crossing the centerline loses to a red light. The starter will be the ONLY judge of centerline violations. Rolling through the lights during staging loses, no backing up after prestaged; NO exceptions. One burnout across the line, make it count. All racers should be ready to race upon entering the water box. Open your nitrous bottles and be suited to race before your burnout. Only one crew member per car is permitted on the start line for staging and support. All racers are encouraged to “pre-tech” your car with NESCA via email pics. Focus on body, engine location and front suspension. Tech will decide the legality of any car within the spirit of the rules. If unsure, please ask about the legality of your car in advance. "Clipped" pro cars will not be allowed.